Although I am not in-network with any insurance carriers, if you have a PPO or POS insurance plan, you will likely be reimbursed for some portion of my fee. Ultimately, you are responsible for paying my full fee at the end of each session and submitting a claim to your insurance carrier for reimbursement. I recommend that you contact your insurance provider to verify how your plan compensates you for psychotherapy or psychological assessment services. I am happy to provide you with the codes you will need to check coverage for both therapy and testing, if requested.
You may want to ask your insurance carrier the following questions to help determine your coverage:
- At what rate does my health insurance plan cover outpatient psychotherapy?
- Does my plan cover testing? If so, does my coverage depend on diagnosis?
- Do I have a deductible? If so, what is it and have I met it yet?
- Does my plan limit how many sessions per calendar year I can have? If so, what is the limit?
- Do I need written approval from my primary care physician for services to be covered?
I accept cash, check, Venmo, MasterCard, and Visa.
If you are unable to attend a session, please make sure you cancel at least 24 hours in advance. Otherwise, you may be charged for the full rate of the session. Cancellations fees for testing vary according to type of assessment.