If you think your child might be on the autism spectrum, you know the challenges it can bring. I offer testing for children (ages 4 and up), teens, and adults to diagnose autism spectrum disorder (ASD). I use the Autism Diagnostic Observation Schedule (ADOS-2), the gold standard for autism diagnosis. Generally, this is used in conjunction with other measures which may, in some cases, include a school observation.
Testing for autism spectrum disorder (ASD) is helpful to:
- Determine whether your child is on the autism spectrum
- Confirm a previous ASD diagnosis.
- Ensure that your child gets access to early intervention.
- Document a disability to secure accommodations on standardized tests such as the SAT.
- Determine if ASD underlies your child’s behaviors.
- Identify your child’s areas of strength and weakness.
- Document a disability to determine the need for accommodations at school.
- Generate recommendations to help your child meet their potential.
What makes working with me different:
- You will always be working directly with me. Unlike other evaluators, I don’t use graduate students, technicians, or associates
- I have more than 16 years of experience evaluating children
- I can frequently get you the report in a few weeks – a much shorter turnaround time than most evaluators
- I’m available to test remotely, minimizing health risks to your or your child